Native Instruments today officially announced its new flagship four-deck digital vinyl system, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, as exclusively revealed last week on Digital DJ Tips.
In this in-depth tutorial, you’ll learn how to do all of this and more, creating a custom TRAKTOR mapping for MASCHINE from scratch. This tutorial refers to the MASCHINE MK3 hardware throughout, as that’s the device we are using, but the same techniques are applicable to all MASCHINE models.
Combining Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software with the new Audio 10 sound interface, this next-generation DVS system is coming straight at Serato Scratch 2, which itself recently received a boost through the announcement of the Rane SL4 4-deck, 2 USB sound interface.
Among the headline features are:
- Sep 22, 2013 dJkAy Deejay Scratch Using Traktor Scratch Pro 2,Maschine 1.7,Traktor Kontrol S4 HD http://www.youtube.com/producersanddeejays.
- Setting up the TRAKTOR Template in Controller Editor. Launch the Controller Editor application: Mac: Macintosh HD Applications Native Instruments Controller Editor 'Controller Editor'. Windows: C: Program Files Native Instruments Controller Editor 'Controller Editor.exe'.
- Native Instruments Traktor & Scratch Pro 2.11 TRAKTOR PRO 2 is the pro DJ software trusted by top DJs worldwide and designed to handle even the biggest clubs. Perform with up to four decks, powerful looping and cueing functionality, plus an exceptional suite of over 30 studio-grade effects – the most advanced DJ features available.
- This mapping turns the Maschine Jam into a very cool extension for your main controller. I use it with a Traktor Kontrol S5 to give me access to the sequencer functionality, quick effects and the extensibility that the Kontrol lacks! The Jam has lots of buttons, arranged in pages, this mapping makes use of these pages to give control over.
- Up to four-deck control – via the new Audio 10 sound interface. The four decks can be controlled with any combination of CD, vinyl and compatible DJ controllers
- Full iTunes integration – Long a bugbear with Traktor DJs, now the software gets proper iTunes integration including crate flick cover art
- TruWave frequency-specific coloured waveforms – Borrowing a much-loved Serato feature, although they’re still not parallel like most DJ software
- Sample decks and loop recorder – these features first appeared on the Kontrol S4 software, and have now been ported across to Traktor Scratch Pro 2, allowing for the creation of remixes and edits on the fly
- More studio-quality effects – Now over 30 effects, designed “to be used like an external effects unit”
- Easy syncing with Maschine – Allowing creative DJ/producers to incorporate this popular production hardware into their Traktor Scratch set-ups
- Simplified user interface – Native Instruments seems to have realised that cluttered is not necessarily good, and has cleaned up the interface to bring to the fore what matters and hide away features that aren’t so top priority
- SoftSync improved tempo awareness This promises to make beatmatching easier, by auto beatgridding and phrase matching
The company also promises easier plug and play, easier DJ switching in clubs with the direct thru function on the Audio 10, and “Cirrus Logic® converters for supreme audio quality”, plus an “after party” featuring allowing internal control so you can mix without using control vinyl, CDs etc.
If the iTunes integration is good (we want editable ID3 tags for a start), and the software is indeed simpler to use than its sometimes clunky prececessor, Native Instruments on first look has a real contender here for the top of the DVS market. We just can’t understand why they resist parallel waveforms at every opportunity…
Sep 08, 2017 Little Snitch comes configured to allow common activities. For example, Safari requests data from port 80 (non-secure Web connections) and port 443 (https connections) to pass through. Using Little Snitch to prevent internet access without VPN. There are a couple reasons why you would want to access the internet through a VPN: your work requires it, you regularly work from open Wifi networks, at hotels, coffee shops or libraries, and you want to prevent eavesdropping. How to allow connections through little snitch. Mar 08, 2013 While it is true that OS X has a built in firewall, it's only half as good as Little Snitch. The default firewall only covers incoming connections, but allows all applications to make outgoing connections without restriction. This is where Little Snitch defines itself, by letting you control all connections, rather than half.
Software updates will be available for current owners of Traktor software.
• Native instruments also announced Traktor Scratch Duo 2, the 2-deck stripped-down version of this software.
We can confirm pricing: Traktor Scratch Pro 2 is US$669 / €599, and Traktor Scratch Duo 2 is US$399 / €349. Full hardware/software upgrade pricing is here.
Here’s the official video for this launch:
Using Maschine With Traktor Scratch Pro 2 0
Do you think Native Instruments has a Serato Scratch-beating system here? Do you welcome the porting across of sample decks and loop recorder from the Kontrol S4 software? What features excite you the most, or do you feel they’ve missed a trick or two? Let us know in the comments.
DaisyDisk is a disk analyzer tool for OS X that visualizes hard disk usage and allows to free up hard disk space Free up gigabytes of disk space in minutes using the visual interactive map that reveals the biggest space hogs on your disk. Daisydisk for mac. DaisyDisk 4.6 with crack for mac is the brilliant application which frees up your disk space in an efficient manner. It analyzes completely your disk and tells you about the unnecessary files. You can choose the files which are necessary for you.